The Bridge Retreat
The Lodges at New House Farm – Sussex or Wasing Park – Berkshire •6 Days Long
The Bridge Retreat offers an exceptional healing experience using a powerful combination of bodywork, visualisation, meditation, ritual, education, group sharing and individual reflective sessions. Food, music, silence and nature form a significant part of the retreat experience and combine to deepen the inner and outer healing. Beautiful ceremonies weave throughout the week with Harvard backed research on their efficacy for therapeutic purposes.
Sessions address holistic ailments that form part of the human condition and work on a physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual level. The mixture of the cognitive and cathartic experiences provide context and enhanced understanding for the mind to then allow the body to process its emotional blocks safely. As well as working in groups and reconnecting to the power of community, there is also plenty of time for solitude to reflect, rest and integrate the experiences.
Once an individual’s losses and emotional blocks are processed, The Bridge expands the work to consider the bigger picture of global healing with a focus on service and living from a place of authenticity and love.
When retreats are full, waiting lists are in operation, please click here if you would like to be added to a waiting list.
There are two facilitators working on each retreat so the team members can vary for each retreat. Please note that Donna, Gabi and Frederique do not work on every scheduled retreat date.
The Lodges at New House Farm – Sussex
Wasing Park – Berkshire
The Bridge Information Evening
London •1 hour 15 minutes Long
We regularly hold Information Evenings about The Bridge in London, which are free to attend and all are welcome. These evenings run from 7.00pm – 8.15pm and provide an informal opportunity to meet a member of The Bridge Team, ask any questions you might have and also hear from past participants about their experiences on the retreat.
For all the latest dates on The Bridge Information Evenings and other events or retreats, please subscribe to our newsletter.
How To Become a Grown Up
London •1 Day Long
Donna, the co-founder of The Bridge Retreat, will explore with you:
- How childhood wounding creates ‘emotional children’ and how to heal and move beyond this
- What clear honest communication looks, sounds and feels like and its impact on your life
- The important role of vulnerability and boundaries for a healthy personality
- How to stop taking things so personally and the ways this will transform your life
- Moving beyond the myth of ‘the story of me’ and creating a new narrative
- Gratitude as a Spiritual practice
The Bridge to Healthy Relationships
London •1 day Long
This is a one day workshop for individuals and couples – suitable for anyone interested in improving their relationships, including the most important one, with themselves. Join Relationship Coach and co-founder of The Bridge Retreat, Donna Lancaster to enhance your understanding, develop new skills and build healthier, happier relationships.
Most of us face relationship struggles at some point and often feel confused as to how best to deal with them. Perhaps you know that feeling? Repeating the same cycles over and again……? The big question is how do we free ourselves from this negative cycle and learn to do things differently, building the relationships we really want?
Donna has extensive knowledge working with individuals, couples and families to put together an accessible workshop to teach you tools and techniques to understand and support your relationships. Donna will draw on The Bridge model for healing as well as the teachings of renowned psychotherapist and author David Richo and Harville Hendrix’s Imago Relationship Therapy.
This workshop is designed for anyone wanting to enhance all aspects of their relating and develop their ability to enjoy life in relationships – whether with family, friends, work colleagues or in intimate life. The intention is to support people in building healthy adult relationships of all kinds. Everyone is welcome.
THIS ONE DAY WORKSHOP WILL INCLUDE:
• The main stages relationships go through and how to navigate each phase
• How the past is present in relationships – exploring the impact of our past and learning ways to do things differently
• Understanding how our unmet needs from childhood can hijack our relationships
• Healthy vs. unhealthy relationships – recognising co-dependency and addiction and how to be an adult in relationships
• Grieving our losses and betrayals – why the grieving process holds the key to letting go of the past and truly trusting ourselves and our partners
• Setting healthy boundaries in relationships
• Communication skills – learning how to healthily express your needs and to really listen and be heard – Moving from Reactivity to Responsiveness
• The role of differing ‘energies’ in relationships
• What true intimacy looks and feels like – Giving and receiving
The Bridge to Remembering
The Chapel in the Woods Forest Row •3 Days Long
A 3-day workshop to deepen and expand on your inner work.
During this 3 day workshop you will remember and reconnect to the many gifts from your time with us previously on your Bridge experience. There is also an invitation to go deeper and enquire further into your life’s challenges, clearing away any blockages in mind, body and soul that keep you from fully accessing and living life through your true authentic self.
Over our time together we will…
• create a community of like hearted souls sharing a collective healing experience
• bear witness to each other’s stories, sharing safely and building trust
• explore beyond the ‘story of me’ & enquire into the bigger picture of our life experiences
• work on boundaries and building a healthy personality
• deepen our capacity to live in love and joy
• dance and shake our bodies together, allowing them to release and naturally heal
• share beautiful and healing rituals including chanting, fire, drums, movement and touch
• explore together what it means to truly live a spiritual life
• laugh and cry together as one
As ever the delicious and nutritious food, ambient music and nature itself will provide their own additional medicine for your soul.
Open to previous The Bridge Retreat participants only.
Share, Shake & Shift
London •3 hours Long
An evening workshop led by Coach & Holistic Counsellor Nicola Bedlow.
At this event you will explore the healing power of sharing in community alongside cathartic release for positive energy shifts.
This workshop offers the chance to:
- Connect, share and listen to and from the heart
- To bear witness to others stories in a safe non judgemental environment
- Experience the healing power of community and rituals
- Work through the body to release emotional blocks and reconnect to your life force
- Learn simple tools to support you in your daily life
- Expand your heart and learn ways to live more from this authentic place
ALL ARE WELCOME (you do not have to have participated in The Bridge Retreat to attend)
“The Bridge Retreat has given me new direction and an ultimate release in order for me to move on without continuously looking back and into the past. It has given me the strength, wish and assured mental attitude to feel positive about my life, to work on being kinder to myself and the tools to continue to work on all of this whilst stepping into the future. I feel exceptionally privileged to have experienced The Bridge as it has had the most poignant healing affect on me psychologically and spiritually. There is a continuum of work ahead yet I feel lighter, happier and more connected to myself and the world around me as a whole.”
“6 months on from The Bridge Retreat and the shift I have felt has been both poignant and peaceful. It wasn’t a dramatic or shocking shift, but a calming awareness that I no longer cling to the fear, frustration or anger that used to sit so close to the surface of my everyday life. I’m incredibly grateful to have been given the opportunity to re-examine and embrace a new perspective on life. The Bridge changed my ability to deal with stress and adversity, it reminded me to always forgive and allow space for the good things in life. I am always aware of this beautiful ongoing process that challenges me every day and yet continues to strengthen my relationships with myself and the people I hold dearest.”